Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I really should be posting something, but i don't really have anything, so i guess this will be one of those rambling, pointless posts that so many of y'all sometimes post (ohhh - just kidding).

Saw Star Wars Ep. III yesterday. I'm not really a big Star Wars fan, but everyone (well, except NYPinTA) seemed to really like it. I was surprised how much i enjoyed it, and gratified that i'd been filled in on Anakin's "I shouldn't have killed an unarmed man" line by Trina - i think i would have missed it. Having not seen I or II, I couldn't quite get why Obi Wan and Natalie Portman's character (hey, its not like she had an easy-to-remember name like Molly) saw so much in Anakin, who came across to me like a complete dickhead, even before he crossed over. And can someone answer this? If Obi Wan had finished off the job, instead of leaving him to be rebuilt as Vader, would Harrison Ford have been offered the role of Indiana Jones?
Since I have one of those Blockbuster All You Can Watch, Two At A Time deals for a month while its cheap, we followed light SciFi with light RomCom (I don't know if that's an accepted abb. and it turned out to be not as light as i thought it'd be) with Garden State. The second half of the movie and Natalie Portman's great performance as Sam (See? Now that's easy to remember) won me over, despite some pretty lame scenes in the first half. The one thing that kept holding me back from really liking it though, was the soundtrack which sucked except for Zero 7's wonderful "In The Waiting Line" and the Thievery Corp song. If you're gonna make a soundtrack so prominent (and it was), pick some good songs, not songs from artists you think will be seen as cool. There again, I'm not the target audience - oh well.

Whenever y'all get the chance, go check out the Complimenting Commenter, its a very cool idea. Leave him a compliment and maybe he'll visit you and leave one for you. And talking of blogs, I started another one the other day (different screen name). As it is I barely manage to maintain this one, the science one and the stupid list one that i think only one person reads. How stupid am I?

Okay, I've fulfilled my posting duties on this blog, now off to the science blog edit page. Hey, I did warn you I didn't have anything, didn't I? What do you want - a refund?

6 comments:

Carrie said...

umm, yeah steve, I want my money back please. :)
Steve, we all write rambling posts now and again. It's YOUR blog, and if nothing enlightens you at the moment, who cares? We still read, don't we?

Anakin wasn't ALWAYS a dickhead. Besides, love is blind... and he's a raging hottie, not to mention a kickass Jedi. C'mon, he was all over Padme in Episode 2, how's she going to resist?

SuperP. said...

Penny was here.

NYPinTA said...

Anakin must be so powerful a Jedi that he was using the mind trick on everyone to love him without even knowing it.
;P

PS- I like rambling posts. Just sayin.

Jenn said...

I'm one of the "ramblers" in my posting and proud of it. Now... about that atomic bullet...

Kat said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Rambling is an artform that I have mastered. Saying less with more words and hopping down rabbit trails...oh, yeah! That's my life in a nutshell! Welcome to my world!

fakies said...

Without rambling, I wouldn't even have a blog. Half the time, it's not even coherent. When you start putting words in the correct order, things just get boring.