Thursday, June 30, 2005

Well, its 4.30 in the morning, and I can't sleep. I can hear the rats in the roof - they're obviously pissed off they can't come down. I have two posts in mind - one is a Fox Force Five follow up, the other is, well, something else.

Did y'all see the "nationality" hit counter over there on the right? Cool yet retarded, huh? But kinda interesting - I really didn't think so few people visited here. Whatever.

I lied when I said it was 4.30, cos its now 4.22. I just hate this time of the day. It takes away from me any sense of being - its cold when I'm sweating, its smothering when I've thrown off the sheets. Yet it offers the promise of sweet daylight.

Daylight's promise tends to depend on twilight's demise. The more consumed, the deeper the sleep, the shallower the soul. If I were to believe in such things as souls, that is.

I'm going back to bed - and will no doubt delete this later.

14 comments:

NYPinTA said...

Don't delete it.
"Daylight's promise tends to depend on twilight's demise."
I love that.
Just saying.

SeizeTheNite said...

I have to agree, this is a good post. Resist that urge to delete.
As an insomniac, I know some of the best writing comes late at nite when you can't sleep...

Spirit Of Owl said...

Your soul has come to haunt you, whether you believe in it or not, it seems. Hope you're feeling better, dude, but keep the post. It has a quiet, lilting beauty.

MoMo said...

Thanks y'all. Okay, I guess I'll leave it.

ginonymous said...

i'll have to throw in my two cents as well..i like it as well. many many times i tell myself that it'll be better tomorrow, whatever "it" is. you said it much better.

MoMo said...

Thanks AA (never thought I'd say that!). Welcome to my blog.

Carrie said...

I'm glad you decided to leave it.

Mona said...

Do not delete.

It's beautiful and it captures that moment.

Saw you so much on Spirit, and I wanted to visit. Great site!

MoMo said...

Hi Ruby!

Thanks for stopping by Mona - welcome!

SuperP. said...

The ones you want to delete are the ones I always enjoy the most.

Carrie said...

yep, I love those little spur of the moment thougths you jot down. It's the real you, know what I mean?

MoMo said...

Yeah I know they are Penny, and yes I guess it is Ruby - that's probably why i hide it!
Anyway, like it or not, the next post is gonna be much lighter.

Anonymous said...

(nodding) I agree with Penny...and seizethenite about "best writing comes late at night when you can't sleep". When all is quiet around you, the thunder of your own thoughts come crashing in to ruin your sleep party...or inspire a great blog post.

I too resist the urge to delete. Eventually, someone leaves me a comment. Once that happens, there's no way I can cancel it's existence. Looks like I'm lucky number 13...just doing my part to cement your post in cyberspace ;)

ginonymous said...

sometimes i think it's the sleep deprivation that brings out the inner poet in some people. maybe we're simply more lyrical at night. i get all worked up and write (or blog these days), then go back and look at it a day later or so, and i swear. it's like a rejected entry from "chicken soup for the asshole's soul".

but then again, i think we are our own harshest critics.