Friday, July 15, 2005

Amazing Anonymous was kind enough to ask Fox a set of five questions. My answers and the mandatory instructions are below. I'd be quite happy to ask anyone else who wants to play another five questions.

Instructions.

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "Interview me." "Blow me" or "Eat me" are not acceptable substitutes.

2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different. I'll post the questions in the comments section of this post.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.


5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1. Most important discovery of the last century?

Penicillin.

2. Candy is dandy, but liquor quicker. Which do you prefer, though?

145217AGIE_w

Kandy Kiwi Mousey. Yummy!


3. What do you have in your pockets right now?

The 8 ball. (Don't ask me what that means, I've no idea).

4. 'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe. Explain.

I'm going to let Scully handle this one.
"Oh, freakin' great! You couldn't give me the most important discovery question?"
Just thought you'd be familiar with Jabberwockies and Jubjubs, that's all *smiles pathetically*.
"Loser."

5. Who is your favorite Bob?

I'm torn between "yer uncle" and the great Sir Bobby Charlton. But glancing across at the nationality hit counter, it seems pretty unlikely that anyone will know either of them.

11 comments:

Spirit Of Owl said...

I knew a band called "The Bobby Charltons". They were big with Blur and Oasis for a while... and then got left behind. Not Mancunian enough. :P

MoMo said...

And the Wedding Present had an album called "George Best".
I figured you'd probably be the only visitor to know who Bobby Charlton was and what "Bob's yer uncle" means.

MoMo said...

Oops - that should read Bobby Charlton "IS"!

ginonymous said...

i've heard "bob's yer uncle" before but i don't know the meaning. fox and cali and scully? how many of you are hiding behind this blog? hmm?! (pulls tinfoil hat down a little tighter)

Herge Smith said...

It comes from the Conservative Prime Minister Lord Salisbury, whose first name was Robert. Apparently he had a habit of promoting his nephew A.J.Balfour in his cabinet in his administration of 1880. Balfour rapidly rose to Sec of State - in the cabinet and in the media the phrase was coined for Balfours success - Bob's your uncle.

My least favourite Bob - evil Bob in Twin Peaks - the stuff of nightmares.

Or Bob the builder - perky little bastard.

Ang said...

I have always wondered where that phrase came from....thanks!!!

MoMo said...

Neither did I - great explanation, makes perfect sense now.
BTW - my little nephew's gonna come round your blog and "have a few words" for calling Bob the Builder a bastard.

Spirit Of Owl said...

All builders are bastards. With the odd exception - no sweeping generalisations from me. :)

MoMo said...

Thanks Spirit - you've moved the brits back into bronze medal position, ahead of Taiwan.

Herge Smith said...

See, what you don't see on Bob the Builder is Bob charging old ladies an arm and a leg for 'bogus' jobs, using shoddy materials and then trying to shag anything that moves.

They edit that stuff out the show - y'know, so they can let kiddie watch it.

West said...

...Gotta be me, hasn;t it?

Peace,

Bob


(Taiwan - who's the Daddy??)