Monday, April 04, 2005

No lo vamos a olvidar!

I got one of those Blockbuster pass things; ten bucks for all you can watch for a month. So far we've seen the following;
"Purple Butterfly" with my favorite actress, Zhang Ziyi, or is it Ziyi Zhang. The movie was okay, she was as wonderful as ever.
"The Return", a thoughtful russian psychodrama, which pretty much sums it up.
"The Incredibles"; lots of fun. Plus, Mrs. Incredible (Elastica) is pretty hot.
"Harold and Kumar go to ...." Surprisingly fun and funny.
"Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring again" or something like that. I didn't watch it - S did while recovering from a cold, she says its sad - good thing I didn watch it.
"The Motorcycle Diaries" was quite simply one of the most amazing movies I've seen for, well, ever! What surprised me is that the movie, and the original diaries, had passed me by and I didn't know, until the very end of the movie that the main character and narrator was indeed a young "Che" Guevara.

che red

I wish this movie had gotten more attention when it was in theatres. We desperately need another "Che" now.

6 comments:

Jojo said...

Whooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOO I found a personal blog site for Steve T.
I am so happy!!! la di da di da!

surprisingly I liked Harold and Kumar too... go figure.

SuperP. said...

DAMN! I was going to BUY the motorcycle diaries for ten bucks tonight.. and I bought The Terminal instead... ugh ugh ugh..

Jojo said...

how'd I find you? you ask - It's my secret and I am NOT telling!!

Seriously, I hope it is okay?

MoMo said...

Of course its okay Jo :) Welcome!

I wanted to respond to Penny's comment about buying the terminal instead of motorcycle diaries. But having seen both there's nothing i can say to remedy the matter!

SuperP. said...

LOL! No doubt, dude.

Jaime said...

Creo que realmente necesitamos otro Che. Hace mucho tiempo que lo necesitamos.
I believe that really we long ago needed another Che who we needed it.