Friday, April 15, 2005

Vacillation and acylation

I'm starting to wonder whether having four blogs - well, three really, since one is totally devoid of content - is such a good idea. I know what you're thinking - "he hardly ever posts on any of them, what's he complaining about?" - but it seems i'm becoming less and less able to multitask. Give me one thing to do and there's a slim chance it will get done. Give me a bunch a things and its a dead cert that not even the easiest will get done. Besides, i'm trying to memorize a whole organic chemistry course to take this MCAT teaching application test and its using up pretty much every available neuron. And, believe me, there ain't too many to spare. I hated organic chem way back in college so i skipped just about all the classes. I suspected that one day it would come back to haunt me and how right i was.

For the science blog i'm planning to write a follow up on embryonic stem cell research, based on recent progress in research and lack of progress in swaying the ideology of the current administration. However, I've been stalled by both inertia and inability to access key papers - the science publishing community is every bit as elitist as the science research community. In fact i was also considering a post on the failure of science publishing to communicate that which its meant to communicate. I've also been meaning for a while to write a piece on the biology of aging, but for some reason whenever i start to think about it I become disinterested. I wonder why this is.

As for the stupid lists blog, i've forgotten why i thought it was such a good idea in the first place. Maybe i should follow up my stupid list of Canadians with a list of stupid Americans. Plenty to choose from.

And this blog.... I did consider starting "Zerotonin: Memoirs of a Melancholy Mouse", which was to be included in Pura Vida, here instead; The story of Morris E. Mouse, a mouse with no serotonin receptors, in his search, along with his sister Marrie, for happiness. But it seems like so much work. And then there's the TV chat show interview with Genghis Khan. I don't know, I think the effects of SN1 nucleophilic substitution on chirality are making me kinda brain dead.

Woohoo! My first pointless post about nothing in particular. I'm just like you guys now!

6 comments:

SuperP. said...

Wow. So, THAT'S who you are. Good Job. Welcome to Blogging.

SuperP. said...

Ps: "I think the effects of SN1 nucleophilic substitution on chirality" = Does this mean your eyes are tired?

MoMo said...

Hmmmm - obviously giving away too much about myself. I better watch out for that.....

Carrie said...

I'll be looking forward to your post on embryonic stem cell research, as I don't really know very much about it. Who better to explain it then a scientist?

MoMo said...

welcome to my other blog, Ruby.

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.