Thursday, April 07, 2005

Pura Vida

I should be writing my novel, to be posted on Cali's sister blog (Pura Vida), but I'm not.

Settings: It is set largely in the US Southwest; San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas, and in Costa Rica. I imagine other locations will emerge.
The Premise: It features a small group of people from diverse backgrounds, though with strangely similar traits, dedicated to exposing untruths and deception within Science and the Pharmaceutical Industry. In particular, the rumored existence of the ultimate life-style drug being developed by a mega-international Pharma consortium. The drug in question, in ways laid out in the novel, is able to reset the brain's homeostasis mechanisms in the event of disturbance thereof. The question is, therefore, what is the brain's default status? Happy or sad? Passive or aggressive? Enlightened or in the dark? I don't know - that's why I'm writing the novel.

I should be writing my novel, but I'm not.......

1 comment:

SuperP. said...

My father has been writing his since '94.

Soma. I want some.